Sunday 14 December 2014

Morning in the park

Beautiful day today. The whole family went down to Meander early so I could climb the mast. before the wind got up. That didn't really work as it was soon blowing 20 knots which made life more interesting than I would have liked.

All the same, I managed to correct a couple of problems remained from rerigging the mast. I switched the spinnaker halyard block to starboard side of the mast head fitting and untangled the spinnaker and genoa halyards. On the way back down I confirmed that the stbd side cap and D1 shrouds are indeed twisted at the lower spreader, so we'll have to slacken the rig, pull out the spreader cap and switch the shrouds around. Fun, fun. We started to do that but Lauren didn't like the look of the top of the mast flopping from side to side so I was forbidden to go up on a halyard on her watch. Never mind, I'll do it tomorrow with Paul.

By then the kids were melting down due to lack of food so we went of to our favourite Williamstown cafe for a family "celebrate Meander being back in the water" breakfast followed by some playground action in the park.






1 comment: